Telerehabilitation Royal Oak Calgary NW
Helping you through the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is "Telerehab?"
Telerehab is a one-on-one session held with you and your physiotherapist which takes place remotely on a secure telecommunication platform (ie: video conferencing).
You'd be surprised at what we can accomplish over telerehab. We can discover A LOT about what is causing your issues from hearing your symptoms and watching you move on video. There are several (safe) tests that we can also get you to do on your own that will tell us a lot of information. Our hands aren't always necessary!
Telerehab can provide us means to:
- discuss and evaluate your symptoms including pain, numbness/tingling, headaches and more;
- perform a detailed assessment;
- provide a treatment including therapeutic exercise (ex. stretching, rolling, strengthening, self-massage techniques), movement modification, workplace / home ergonomic modifications and more;
- education: sometimes just finding out what it is, and what it isn't can provide a great amount of relief;
This method of treatment would involve either a smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer that has access to a web camera and microphone and is linked to the internet. Many payment providers (workers compensation board, insurance, motor vehicle accident insurance, Alberta Health Services) are providing coverage for telehealth appointments.
There is a high likelihood that it can, but that depends on a number of factors. Depending on what is causing your pain, your physiotherapist can help reduce or eliminate it through:
- Therapeutic exercise prescription (ie. rolling, stretching, self-massage);
- Education (ie. sometimes just finding out it is not serious or what it is can substantially reduce pain);
- Movement modification;
- Workplace ergonomic adjustments;
That is simple, we will tell you! Sometimes we don't know until we try a few things.
You'd be surprised at what we can accomplish over telerehab. We can discover A LOT about what is causing your pain from hearing your symptoms and watching you move on video. There are several (safe) tests that we can also get you to do on your own that will tell us a lot of information.
At the very least, we will be able to provide you with some direction in your recovery. This is the same as if we were to see you in the clinic!
You'll need a computer with internet, a microphone and a webcam. You'll also need to dress appropriately, preferably in shorts and a T-shirt, so that your physiotherapist can see you well and so you can perform exercises.
It depends on the physiotherapist. If you go to our booking program, you can see our availability there!
Book your appointment online. You'll receive an email with a link to your physiotherapists telerehab platform. All you have to do is follow that link at the appointment time and you'll be able to begin your session.
Prior to the appointment you will need to sign our consent form for telerehab.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.